csi-net.org and all related logos, products and
services described in this website are either trademarks or registered
trademarks of Chi Sigma Iota, and may not be copied, imitated or used,
in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Chi Sigma
Iota. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and
scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of Chi Sigma
Iota and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part,
without the prior written permission of Chi Sigma Iota.
The CSI logo may not be altered, modified, or changed in any way, or used in a
manner that is disparaging to Chi Sigma Iota, its chapters or members.
Logos may not be displayed in any manner that implies sponsorship or
endorsement by Chi Sigma Iota except those specifically approved by its
All chapter materials and correspondence must
include first the name of the local chapter followed by "Chi Sigma Iota”
(e.g., "Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota”). Listing only Chi Sigma Iota
is not acceptable, as this creates confusion between chapter and CSI
Chapters may request an approved Chapter Logo that includes your chapter and university name. Sample CSI Chapter Logos are shown below. You may request approval for using the CSI chapter logos by completing the Chapter Logo Request Form and agreeing to comply with the Criteria for Use (see below). Once your
request is approved, the images will be emailed to the Chapter Faculty Advisor and the contact person
| 2 color version, seal
| 1 color version
|grayscale version, seal
Chapter headers can also be useful as newsletter, email, and/or Facebook headers. The chapter header will include the chapter name as shown below.
Criteria for Use of CSI and Chapter Logos
Chapters of CSI may request an official chapter logo from the CSI Chief Executive Officer that includes the name of their chapter and university in addition to CSI’s trademarked logo (also referred to as its service mark) and its related identity marks, symbols, and slogans. Chapters using the official chapter logo need to be aware of the following:
- Federal regulations concerning trademarks mandate that the chapter logo only be used as allowed by Chi Sigma Iota.
- CSI will, upon request, provide the chapter with an official CSI Chapter Logo. This logo may not be altered in any way including color, shape, text, etc.
- The Chapter Logo may be used without further permission for chapter letterhead, newsletters, and flyers promoting chapter activities.
- Any other uses require prior permission from CSI.
- No other logo, service mark, or CSI related statements, slogans, acronyms, etc. may be used without CSI permission.
- The Chapter Logo may not be used for merchandise creation and sales of any kind, including, but not limited to, t-shirts, coffee mugs, and other logo items. All official logo merchandise items must be ordered through the CSI Store.
- Chapters must be clear in their promotional or related materials and activities that they are a chapter of CSI. Normally, the host university name will be included as well. Contracts or legally binding agreements must be clear in not holding CSI liable for actions of chapter members or chapter representatives. In fact such agreements must be on the basis of personal responsibility and not affiliation with CSI per se.
- Evidence of violation of these conditions may result in consequences to the chapter including withholding chapter rebates, suspending membership processing, and ultimately being placed in an inactive chapter status.
Use of Chapter Logos for Social Media
You also may also use the Chapter Logo Request Form to obtain a chapter logo or banner for a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). In all cases, you must follow the Chapter Internet Presence & Internet Plagiarism Policy and Social Networking Policy. If your chapter's social networking site has not already been approved by CSI Headquarters, you will be asked to submit it for approval before the logo is sent. More information about approval of social networking sites is available here.