Information about each of the following "facts” may be found on the CSI home page. Please note the deadlines for awards, leadership fellows, and elections in order to submit nominations and votes in a timely manner.
Important Timelines and Deadlines: 2016-2017
|Fiscal Year||May 1 - April 30|
|ACA/CSI Poster Session Proposal form due||September 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Chapter Annual Plan due||September 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Chapter Development & Statewide Networking Grant proposals due||October 15, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Excellence in Counseling Research Grant proposals due||November 15, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Leadership Essay Contest entries due||November 15, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Awards Nominations due||December 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Herr Fellow Applications due||December 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Leadership Fellow & Intern Nominations due||December 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Chapter votes for CSI International Officers due (online)||December 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Identification of representative to Annual Business Meeting due||March 1, 2017|
|Chapter Annual Report due||April 30, 2017 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Nominations for CSI International Officers due||April 30, 2017 at 5:00 PM Eastern time|
|Rebate checks mailed to chapters||May 30, 2017|
|ACA Conference & Expo, Montréal, Canada||March 16-19, 2017|
|CSI Executive Council Summer Meeting||June 3-5, 2017|
Information at a Glance
- Students - Grade point average of 3.5 on 4.0 scale, at least one full term of graduate study in counselor education (i.e., not therapy, psychology, social work, student development administration), career commitment to counseling as a profession as evidenced by major (counselor education).
- Faculty – same criteria as students plus identity as professional counselor as reflected in licenses/certifications, e.g. LPC & professional affiliations (ACA and its divisions).
- Alumni – same criteria as faculty
Allow at least 2 weeks for processing; downloaded online applications and a chapter check for memberships must be received at CSI Headquarters at least two weeks prior to initiation. Applications must be verified and signed by the Chapter Faculty Advisor and all requested information provided (e.g., GPA, major: counselor education); otherwise they may be returned to the chapter for completion prior to processing. No one may be initiated prior to processing and approval by Headquarters. Please download the most recent new member application as dues and other information has changed and only the form on the web is current.
The CSI logo and its color are trademarked and may not be altered. Each chapter may request a chapter logo, and the request form and logo use policies are included on the Chapter Logos page. The logo may not be used to create chapter memorabilia for fundraising. Such items are available through two distributors, ProCrescent Promotions for clothing, honor cords, and stoles (www.csistore.org or 1-800-816-7246); chapters may order directly from from them fundraising items. Visit Churchill Classics for framing and logo office items. Unauthorized use of the logo or modification of it may result in withholding of chapter rebates. We truly do not wish to do so.
Chapter Web Presence
A variety of new chapter web resources and policies have been developed to help chapters create and maintain compliant chapter websites and social networking sites.
- Chapter websites: Chapters now have access to chapter groups within the CSI website. Therefore, chapter websites are no longer needed or desired. Websites previously created and approved at csi-chapters.org will be acceptable; however, we encourage all chapters to transition their resources to the chapter group for better functionality and accessibility by members. View the Chapter Website Policy for more information.
- Chapter social networking: The chapter groups offer similar functionality to many of the social networking sites available online. However, chapters may choose to create a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn) to connect with active members. To create a site that is consistent with CSI Policies, please review the updated Social Networking Policy and complete the attached rubric to attain final approval.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact Dr. Holly Hartwig Moorhead, Chief Executive Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.