Published Articles: Europe
Articles published on global topics and populations are listed below
in APA reference format. You can read the full articles by going to the
journal website or accessing it through a research database. If you know
of additional articles that can be added to this list, please send them
- BBC News. (2006, March 27). Italian women shun ‘mamma’ role: Birth rates in the European Union are falling fast. Retrieved October 28, 2006, from http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4739154.stm
- Bethell, G., & Mihail, R. (2005). Assessment and examinations in Romania. Assessment in Education, 12, 77-96. http://www.taylorfrancis.com/journals/titles/0969594X.asp
- Bond, T., Lee, C., Lowe, R., Malayapillay, A. E., Wheeler, S., Banks, A., … Smiley, E. (2001). The nature of counseling: An investigation of counseling activity in selected
countries. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling, 23, 245-260. http://www.springerlink.com/content/102909/
Cardamone, A. F. (1990). Urbanization in Italy. Journal of Regional Policy, 10, 135-145. http://www.jrap-journal.org/
- Consiglio Nazionale dell'Economia e del Lavoro [National Council
of Economy and Labor]. (2005). Rapporto di monitoraggio sulle
professioni non regolanentate [A comparison of the monitoring of nonregulated professions]. Rome: Author. http://www.portalecnel.it/
- Cook, T. D., & Furstenberg, F. F. (2002). Explaining
aspects of the transition to adulthood in Italy, Sweden, German, and
the United States: A cross-disciplinary, synthesis approach. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences, 580, 257-287. http://ann.sagepub.com/
- Dansk Psykolog Forening [Danish Psychological Association]. (n.d.). Association Website. Retrieved February 15, 2007, from http://www.dp.dk/menu.asp?=152
- Dixon, A. L., & Hansen, N. H. (2010). Fortid, nutid, fremtid (past, present, future): Professional counseling in Denmark. Journal of Counseling & Development, 88, 38-42. www.counseling.org
- Eastman, N. (1994). Mental health law: Civil liberties and the principle of reciprocity. British Medical Journal, 308 (6920), 43–45. http://www.bmj.com/
- European Federation of Psychologists' Associations. (1995). Charter of professional ethics for psychologists. Retrieved February 21, 2007, from http://www.efpa.eu/ethics/recommendations
- European Federation of Psychologists' Associations. (1999). Guidelines for psychologists and students of psychology wanting to come to Denmark to study and to work.
Retrieved February 21, 2007, from http://www.cop.es/efppa/denmark.htm
- Folkeskolen [The Danish Comprehensive School]. (n.d.). School Website. Retrieved March 11, 2007, from http://www.folkeskolen.dk/
- Funch, B. S. (2000). Psykologiens grundlæggelse i Danmark [The foundation of psychology in Denmark]. Psyke & Logos, 21, 116-134. http://www.dpf.dk/
- Goldman, L. (1974). Guidance U.S.A.: Views from abroad. The Personnel and Guidance Journal, 53, 40-56. www.counseling.org
- Hamilton, K. (with Jachimowicz, M.). (2003, March). Italy's southern exposure.
Migration Information Source. Retrieved October 28, 2006, from
Migration Information Policy Web site:
- Harper, F. D., & Deen, N. (2003). The international counseling movement. In F. D. Harper & J. McFadden (Eds.), Culture and counseling: New approaches (pp. 147-163). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
- Hjørlund, B. (2000). Træk af dansk psykologis historie [Outlining the history of Danish psychology]. Psyke & Logos, 21, 11-31. http://www.dpf.dk/
- Jensen, R. (2000). Knudepunkter I dansk psykologis udvikling i årene 1940-2000 [Conjunctures in the development of Danish psychology in the years 1940-2000]. Psyke & Logos, 21, 174-186.? http://www.dpf.dk/
- Jigau, M. (2001). Consilierea carierei [Career counseling]. Bucharest, Romania: Sigma Publishing House
- Jigau, M. (2002). Romania. In R. G. Sultana (Ed.), Review of career guidance policies in 11 acceding and candidate countries: Synthesis report (pp. 75-78). Luxembourg, Luxembourg: European Training Foundation.
- Karayanni, M. (1996). The emergence of school counseling and guidance in Israel. Journal of Counseling & Development, 74, 582-587. www.counseling.org
- Kuratorernes Landsforening [The Curator's National Association]. (n.d.). Association Website. Retrieved March 11, 2007, from http://www.kurator.ffw.dk/
- Lundberg, I. (2001). Zeitgeist, Ortgeist, and personalities in the development of Scandinavian psychology. International Journal of Psychology, 36, 356-362. http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/pp/00207594.html
- Lunt, I. (1999). The professionalization of psychology in Europe. European Psychologist, 4, 240-247. http://www.hogrefe.com/index.php?mod=journals&action=1&site=ep
- Malikiosi-Loizos, M. & Ivey, A. E. (2012). Counseling in Greece. Journal of Counseling & Development, 90: 113–118. www.counseling.org
- Montilla, R. E. & Smith, R. L. (2009), Counseling in the República Bolivariana de Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela). Journal of Counseling & Development, 87: 122–126. www.counseling.org
- National Career Development Association. (1997). Career Counseling Competencies (Rev. ed.). Broken Arrow, OK: Author.
- Peteanu, M. (1997). Educational and vocational guidance in Romania: Short history. Revista de Pedagogie, 1-12, 314-324. http://www.1educat.ro/resurse/ise/index.html
- Poldrugo, F., & Patussi, V. (1996). Alcoholism and alcohol-related problems in Italy: An overview on recent developments in social responses and treatment systems. Journal of Addictive Diseases, 15, 59-65. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t792306884~db=all
- Povoledo, E. (2003, August 8). In Italy, summertime is for divorce. The International Herald Tribune. Retrieved October 4, 2009, from http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/08/news/08iht-divorce_ed1_html
- Psykolognævnet [Danish Board of Psychological Practice]. (n.d.). Authorization. Retrieved February 18, 2007, from http://www.pn.sm.dk/B3.Autoriz.Eng/01.Std.Indx.Eng.htm
- Psykoterapeut Foreningen [Psychotherapist Association]. (n.d.). Retrieved February 22, 2007, from http://www.psykoterapeutforeningen.dk
Remley, T.P., Bacchini, E., & Krieg, P. (2010). Counseling in Italy. Journal of Counseling & Development, 88, 28-32. www.counseling.org
- Società Italiana di Psicologia [Italian Psychological Society]. (2009). Retrieved October 4, 2009, from www.sips.it
- Statistics Denmark. (2007). Denmark in figures 2007. Retrieved February 16, 2007, from http://www.dst.dk/HomeUK/Statistics/ofs/Publications/dod.aspx
- Sweeney, T. J. (2001). Counseling: Historical origins and philosophical roots. In D. C. Locke, J. E. Myers, & E. L. Herr (Eds.), The handbook of counseling (pp. 3-26). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Szilagyi, A. A. (2005). The status of counseling profession in Romania. In H. J. Weissbach, T. Collins, T. Clawson, A. Szilagyi, & G. Boarescu (Eds.), Career counseling and the global labor market (pp. 25-28). Mures, Romania: Editura Universitatii "Petru Maior" Tg.
- Szilagyi, A. A., & Paredes, D. M. (2004, October). Engendering systemic change through counseling: Progress in Romania. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, Atlanta, GA.
- Szilagyi, A. A., Paredes, D.M. (2010). Professional counseling in Romania: An introduction. Journal of Counseling & Development, 88, 23-27. www.counseling.org
- Thavis, J. (2004, October 15). Political priorities: In Catholic Italy, abortion is not an issue. Catholic News Service. Retrieved October 28, 2006, from http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/0405680.htm
- Velea, S., & Botnariuc, P. (2002). Education reform in Romania during the last 12 years. Working paper for the Summer University, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary.
- Watts, A. G. (1997). The role of career guidance in societies in transition. Revista de Pedagogie, 1-12, 417-428. http://www.1educat.ro/resurse/ise/index.html
- Wehrly, B., & Deen, N. (Eds.). (1983). Special issue on international guidance and counseling [Special issue]. The Personnel and Guidance Journal, 61(8). www.counseling.org
- White, A. G. (2007). A global projection of subjective well-being: A challenge to positive psychology? Psychtalk, 56, 17-20. http://www2.le.ac.uk/
- WorldAtlas.Com. (2009). Countries of the world. Retrieved October 4, 2009, from http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/populations/ctypopls.htm