Great news! CSI has been invited to sponsor 25 American Counseling Association (ACA) poster sessions at the ACA Conference & Expo scheduled for March 16-19, 2017 in San Francisco, California.
Proposals were accepted until Monday, September 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). The deadline to submit a proposal has passed.
Proposals will be evaluated by CSI's Poster Session Review Panel. Decisions will be sent to primary presenters no later than Monday, October 17, 2016.
Primary presenters must be student members of both ACA and CSI. Chapter Faculty Advisors, other faculty, and alumni/professional members may serve as co-presenters.
Poster Session Themes
This year, we are seeking submissions that focus on the following three areas:
- Counselor Identity Across the Globe
- Enhancing Counselor Community Engagement through Professional Advocacy
- Professional Identity, Leadership, and Advocacy
Preference will be given to proposals that also address Dr. Michael Brubaker's 2016-2017 Presidential Theme of Wellness Leadership.
Applicants are encouraged to review the 2015 Special Edition of the CSI Exemplar, "A Closer Look at Professional Identity," and CSI's resources on Counselor Community Engagement and Professional Advocacy. Posters must be relevant to a range of attendees at the ACA Conference & Expo, not only CSI members. Appeal to a wide audience will be a key consideration in judging proposals.
Members who are interested in submitting a poster proposal will need to include the following information for each presenter:
- Full name as it should be printed in the ACA program
- Email address & phone number
- CSI & ACA member numbers (membership must be active)
- Physical address
- CSI membership status (Masters Student, Specialist Student, Doctoral Student, Chapter Faculty Advisor, Counselor Educator (not CFA), or Professional Counselor)
- Highest academic degree and specific area of degree
- Employment experience
- Current title/position and employer
- Summary of experience relevant to the topic
- Bio for promotional use (primary presenter only)
- Picture for promotional use (optional for the primary presenter)
Proposals should also include the following information about the session:
- Title (limited to 100 characters including spaces and punctuation)
- CSI Poster Theme (see above)
- Audience Level (advanced or introductory)
- Learning Objectives (minimum of three)
- Target Audience and Area of Application
- Program Guide Description (limited to 500 characters including spaces and punctuation)
- ACA Topic Category(s) (options are provided on the form)
- A concise paragraph (300 word max) describing a) the poster's relation to the chosen theme; b) how information will be visually displayed; c) how outcome data will be used; and
d) the poster’s relevance to a wide ACA audience.
All proposals must have been submitted by Monday, September 12, 2016 at 5:00 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Posters that were previously sponsored by CSI may not be re-submitted. Poster submissions will be rated for relevance, clarity, and suitability for a wide ACA audience. The primary presenter will be notified of the panel's decision as soon as possible after the deadline and no later than Monday, October 17, 2016.
ACA provides boards upon which poster materials can be pinned or taped. All programs will be listed in the San Francisco conference bulletin along with all other refereed conference programs. Please review the guidelines for preparing poster presentations as you develop your poster.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions.