Good news! CSI has been invited to sponsor 25 American Counseling Association (ACA) poster sessions at the ACA Conference & Expo scheduled for March 31-April 3 in Montréal, Canada.
Proposals were accepted until Monday, September 14, 2015 at 5:00 PM EDT. The deadline to submit a proposal has passed.
Proposals will be evaluated by CSI's Poster Session Review Panel. Decisions will be sent to primary presenters no later than October 15, 2015.
Primary presenters must be student members of both ACA and CSI. Chapter Faculty Advisors, other faculty, and alumni members may qualify to serve as co-presenters.
Poster Session Themes
This year, we are seeking submissions that focus on the following four areas:
- Enhancing Counselor Community Engagement through Professional Advocacy
- Counselor Identity Across the Globe
- Leadership and Standards: Promoting Professional Identity
- Professional Identity and Advocacy
Applicants are encouraged to review the 2015 Special Edition of the CSI Exemplar, "A Closer Look at Professional Identity," and CSI's resources on Counselor Community Engagement and Professional Advocacy. Posters must be relevant to a range of attendees at the ACA Conference & Expo, not only CSI members. Appeal to a wide audience will be a key consideration in judging proposals.
Members who are interested in submitting a poster proposal will need to:
- Identify a title (maximum of 100 characters) and one of the four themes on which the poster is based.
- Write a poster description for the ACA program (maximum of 500 characters).
- Write a concise paragraph, in less than 200 words, describing:
- the poster presentation and its relation to the chosen theme, and
- the poster’s relevance to a wide audience of ACA members.
- Submit name, address, email address, phone number, ACA and CSI membership numbers, and experience for the primary presenter and co-presenters (up to 10 presenters total). The primary presenter must also submit a one-paragraph bio. All presenters must be active members of CSI and ACA.
- Contact information for the Chapter Faculty Advisor should be provided even if she or he is not a co-presenter. More than one proposal may be submitted per chapter, but all should be endorsed by the CFA.
All proposals must be received by Monday, September 14, 2015 at 5:00 PM EDT (Eastern Daylight Time). Posters that were previously presented on CSI Day may not be re-submitted. Poster submissions will be rated for relevance, clarity, and suitability for a wide ACA audience. The primary presenter will be notified of the panel's decision as soon as possible after the deadline and no later than October 15, 2015.
ACA provides boards upon which poster materials can be pinned or taped. All programs will be listed in the Montréal conference bulletin along with all other refereed conference programs. Review the guidelines for preparing poster presentations as you develop your poster.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.